We are each designed for a unique and divine purpose. Live yours!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

WORD FILLED WEDNESDAY


This meme was started by Amy Deane at The 160 Acres Woods. I found the link at Joanne Sher's blog, An Open Book. I've decided to join this meme because I need constant reminders of what I am about, of whose I am, and how I am to manage my life:-) Amy Deanne explains: The purpose of Word filled Wednesday is to share God’s word (no famous quotes or other literature — only the beautiful word of our Father) through photo’s & a Bible verse!

I encourage you to visit both blogs, you will be uplifted and encouraged when you do.

He Changes Not

As I sometimes do, I decided I would allow God to lead me to the scripture I was to write about this morning. Yesterday was a rather restless one and I had some pretty crazy dreams last night that left me waking up several times and wondering what in the world was going on! I went to photobucket and decided I would select the scripture based on the picture that drew me to it.

I suspect the catalyst for all of this was the Sunday Richmond Christians Who Write meeting. You see, the Holy Spirit in-dwells when that group meets. God places a hedge of protection around us and I think the evil forces of this world do not like it when we meet. Each month I come away challenged and encouraged and often called to task that I procrastinate way too much in my writing.

I think too that all the Inaugural coverage got my mind racing . . . all the talk of change . . . I truly believe we need and hope for change, don't get me wrong! But it's clear that our country will continue to be in a battle for our very survival in the years ahead. I have tremendous hope, though!

What is the source of my hope? God never changes. He is constant, steady, sure. That unchanging God sustains us in an ever-changing world. He upholds us in our struggles--physical, spiritual and otherwise. He never leaves us alone, never abandons us to make our own way in the world. He is in the clouds and in the stars. He shines upon us in the sun and His light is reflected each night in the moon.

In a world that changes moment by moment, hour by hour, day by day, I rejoice that I believe and trust in a God who changes not.

For I, the LORD, do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed. [Malachi 3:6 NASB]

8 comments:

Spring M Fricks said...

Love it!

God Chaser said...

It is comforting to know God does not change.

Kristi said...

I'm so glad that you joined us. Your WFW is beautiful!

Joanne Sher said...

Just beautiful, Mary. So glad you joined! (I've only been doing it since the first of the year, and I'm already addicted. Wonderful stuff.

Denise said...

Welcome to WFW, nice verse and picture.

Beth in NC said...

Perfectly fitting for this time. God never changes, hallelujah! We are certainly in uncertain times, but our God is our Strong Tower, our Firm Foundation.

Bless you,
Beth

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

Beautiful!

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I so enjoy WFW....I love the beautiful images illustrating God's Word.

Blessings!

Amydeanne said...

Thanks for joining us for WFW! :) I"m so glad you did!