To sign up for Thankful Thursday, stop by Truth4TheJourney, where Sonya is hosting this meme. It's a wonderful way to focus on blessings and express gratitude to the God who is the source of all good things in our lives.Here's my list:
1) I am thankful for the prayer warriors around the world who prayed for my husband and our family while he was in the hospital and since. I'm especially thankful for my dear friend, Andrea who put out the word that we needed prayers. (Please continue to pray for Gladys, the mother-in-law of a coworker. She is not doing well and that family needs prayer.)
2) I am thankful our family doctor was able to accurately diagnose that Jim actually had an infection around the lungs (not heart related:-) and prescribed antibiotics that have almost cleared up the infection! He is feeling so much better!
3) I'm thankful that we had health insurance prior to my husband's admission to the hospital. We thought throughout Jim's stay how fortunate he was to receive top-of-the line care because we had good health insurance. We also thought of others who can't afford insurance and will continue to pray for them collectively.
4) I am thankful for co-workers who are becoming like family. We can scrap and fuss and yes, sometimes even yell, and then hug and make up:-)
5) I am thankful for my writer's group and the way we share our gifts, ideas and joys and lift each other in prayer on an on-going basis.
I have a HUGE list this week! This time last week we were "hanging on hope" that Jim would recover from "whatever" it was he had. That hope has turned to thanksgiving and joy!
What are you thankful for today?
Blessings on your journey,