Welcome to Thankful Thursday again this week! If you'd like to participate, just stop by Sony'a Blog, Truth 4 The Journey, to sign up! Next write down five things you are thankful for this week. Finally, link up with Mr. Linky at her blog. It's that easy!
Thursday has truly become my favorite day of the week, simply because of Thankful Thursday. All week I have been anticipating making this post. It may seem odd, because on Friday night my mother-in-law suffered an Ischemic stroke. Symptoms occur suddenly and may include muscle weakness, paralysis, lost or abnormal sensation on one side of the body, difficulty speaking, confusion, problems with vision, dizziness, and loss of balance and coordination. (She has experienced all of these, though we see some good improvement already)
So why is this included in my Thankful Thursday post? The reasons are too numerous to list here, but here's my best shot at capturing our thoughts and conversations over the past week:
1) I am thankful my husband was with his mother, Audrey, when this occurred. They were at the store together when she became dizzy and lightheaded. He was able to immediately get her to the doctor, where she was sent to the Emergency Room. (With strokes, immediate diagnosis and treatment are crucial.)
2) My husband was scheduled to work nights on Friday night so he could stay with his mom until I got off work on Friday. (He is a devoted son and I know this has really thrown him for a loop!)
3) My sister-in-law drove down from an hour away with one of her boys and spent the weekend at the hospital with her mom so my husband could maintain his work schedule. I was there a lot as well and ended up staying with her on Saturday night as Audrey had a very rough night and my sister-in-law needed emotional support to get through.
4) My mother-in-law has outstanding health insurance and enough financial resources to provide for her for the rest of her life regardless of the level of care she will need.
5) My marvelous, amazing, wonderful son-in-law is self-employed. He called me on Tuesday and asked me if he could come down to (a) paint my son's room. (My son graduates from Woodrow Wilson Rehab. Center on Friday and we really wanted to have his bedroom painted and ready to welcome him home. (I had planned to do that last weekend.)) Then John asked if he could ride down to Fishersville with us so he could attend the graduation ceremony and help us pack up my son's room. (My mother-in-law had planned to ride with us-she and my son have always been 'special buds' and he was thrilled she would watch him walk across the stage.) My daughter cannot take off on Friday's typically so my son-in-law said he would like to represent them. I still cry just thinking about his generosity.
5a) Here's the thing: Wednesday was the 2nd wedding anniversary of my daughter and son-in-law. They offered their day to us and on my son's behalf. Blessed, blessed, blessed!
There are so many other blessings we have received - God's grace has astounded and humbled us beyond words in the past week. In the days and weeks to come I'll be writing about it all. For now we covet your prayers for our family and for Audrey. Feel free to pick up the prayer button Edie at Rich Gifts designed for Audrey.
Blessings on your journey,