We are each designed for a unique and divine purpose. Live yours!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY!

Welcome to Thankful Thursday again this week! If you'd like to participate, just stop by Sony'a Blog, Truth 4 The Journey, to sign up! Next write down five things you are thankful for this week. Finally, link up with Mr. Linky at her blog. It's that easy!

I'm not going to say it's been a long and trying week again (even though it has) because in the midst of my challenges and trials, God has directed dear and loving friends to cross my path. This week I am thankful for:

1) My Lord and Savior who died for me so that I could be made perfect one day and so that I could NOT be perfect while here on earth, and still be loved and embraced by God's grace.

2) My family who continually blesses me by who they are and the way we all lean on each other. We really like each other and that is a blessing in and of itself!

3) The lovely weekend we had last weekend. Our in-laws were visiting our daughter and their son and we hopped up to Washington, D.C. for the afternoon and evening so we could see them. They're great people whose company we enjoy very much. (We've only seen them a couple of times since our children were married:-)

4) Wisdom offered from God. I've waged a spiritual battle over a particular situation for a couple of weeks and the other day God revealed the simple and proper solution to my turmoil: Give it to Him and let it go!

5) The ways God is pushing and pulling me to the next level in my faith and my writing.

"So I turned my mind to understand, to investigate and to search out wisdom and the scheme of things and to understand the stupidity of wickedness and the madness of folly" (Ecclesiastes 7:25 NIV).

'From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another" (John 1:16 NIV).

What are you thankful for today?


Blessings on your journey,
Mary

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Today, dear friend I am thankful for answered prayers!
love you, andrea

GranthamLynn said...

What a beautiful thankful list.
It is such a Blessing to see God's direction. I love the verse you ended with.
Thanks for sharing and Have a Blessed Day,
Sherry

Unknown said...

What a beautiful list, God is truly amazing and I love having him in my life. I too love the verse! Have a blessed day

Connie Arnold said...

So many things to be thankful for! Thank you for sharing your wonderful list, Mary. I'm especially thankful this week for time with daughter and grandsons, for all my family, their health and safety, and God's blessings on all.

Nana Jul said...

Mary, your friend Nancy is absolutely right! Cling to God. It's absolutely marvelous to have people you work with to remind each other to breathe and pray!
Let God take you higher!

Rachel said...

A wonderful list.

Psalm 68:19 Blessed be the Lord, Who daily loads us with benefits, The God of our salvation! Selah

Love the name of your bog. How true it is!

Rachel
http://stirringthedeep.com

Andrea said...

Mary, I, too, have much to be thankful for. Your precious spirit and writing touched my heart today and encouraged me to dwell on those good things the Lord has given me.

All too often, I focus on wants and needs instead of blessings.

Thank you for reminding me to see the reality of God's miracles in my everyday life!

Blessings to you in His name,

Andrea