Welcome to Thankful Thursday again this week! If you'd like to participate, just stop by Sony'a Blog, Truth 4 The Journey, to sign up! Next write down five things you are thankful for this week. Finally, link up with Mr. Linky at her blog. It's that easy!
I'm not going to say it's been a long and trying week again (even though it has) because in the midst of my challenges and trials, God has directed dear and loving friends to cross my path. This week I am thankful for:
1) My Lord and Savior who died for me so that I could be made perfect one day and so that I could NOT be perfect while here on earth, and still be loved and embraced by God's grace.
2) My family who continually blesses me by who they are and the way we all lean on each other. We really like each other and that is a blessing in and of itself!
3) The lovely weekend we had last weekend. Our in-laws were visiting our daughter and their son and we hopped up to Washington, D.C. for the afternoon and evening so we could see them. They're great people whose company we enjoy very much. (We've only seen them a couple of times since our children were married:-)
4) Wisdom offered from God. I've waged a spiritual battle over a particular situation for a couple of weeks and the other day God revealed the simple and proper solution to my turmoil: Give it to Him and let it go!
5) The ways God is pushing and pulling me to the next level in my faith and my writing.
"So I turned my mind to understand, to investigate and to search out wisdom and the scheme of things and to understand the stupidity of wickedness and the madness of folly" (Ecclesiastes 7:25 NIV).
'From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another" (John 1:16 NIV).
What are you thankful for today?
Blessings on your journey,