We are each designed for a unique and divine purpose. Live yours!

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sensational Saturday!

I guess I could say I am blessed. Actually, no guessing about it--I truly am! I'm still working on the Christmas tree. My husband is helping out around the house and my son is ready for any task to which he is dispatched. I baked two batches of cookies today and have done a lot of writing and thinking and praying. LOTS of praying.

I had planned to meet with a Christian sister/writer friend this evening but I think the weather and the season have caught up with both of us and our families. She felt she needed to be home with her ailing husband and young children so we agreed to meet up shortly after Christmas. The really sensational part of my day is that she prayed the most wonderful prayer over me:-) I have felt such peace since we ended our phone conversation. I have asked for her continued prayers as well.

God has been answering my prayer to receive opportunities to write and minister to His world, and those prayers are being answered mightily! I am praying fervently for guidance, direction, discernment in light of all the opportunities. That's what my friend prayed for me--and so much more. She is a powerful prayer warrior and our becoming reacquainted is one of the blessings of the year 2008 for me.

Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD. [Psalm 31:24 KJV]

I love the Lord so much that I would do anything for Him. Well . . . I like to think I would. Well . . . ok! OK! I wish my faith was strong enough, deep enough and intentional enough to be able to make that statement with complete integrity. I do love God more than I could ever express. There just are no words ever thought of by mankind that would adequately capture how much I love Him.

And the thing is, there are no words ever conceived of – even by the most articulate, intelligent, gifted wordsmith--to explain or describe how much God loves us.

Jesus on the Cross should have been enough, don’t you think? We are human, though, and we allow our humanity to impede our progress toward the Cross. We let the things of this world outweigh and overshadow the One who hung there.

My Christmas prayer this year is that you and I allow the true meaning of Christmas to outshine and over-arch every moment of these next few days. Then I am going to work very hard to make 2009 a “Year of Our Lord.” I know my life will be richer and fuller for the effort, as much as I know I will not succeed often enough.

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. [Psalm 27:14 KJV]

2 comments:

Leaon Mary said...

amen Mary Moss!
How wonderful to have a friend pray for you.
Bet your tree looks beautiful!
What kind of cookies did you make?
Lea

Unknown said...

God bless you. This is a very wonderful and enlightening post. Its been a long time since I came upon a good post like this. Good job.