We are each designed for a unique and divine purpose. Live yours!

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Silver, Gold and Rubies

Whenever I begin to feel fidgety and restless I know the only way I will be able to settle down, focus on what I need to do, and rest in God's comfort and peace is to go directly to God! I shared in my post at Godly Graffiti that I'm feeling as if I were on a "Holy Roller Coaster" lately. I'm envisioning a path that I never imagined I would even set foot on, let alone travel to the end! God is revealing some mighty big plans for my life and I just can't wrap my head around all of it.

This morning during my prayer time I opened the bible to see what words God would lead me to. I opened directly to Proverbs 3. Wisdom and understanding are more valuable than silver and gold in God's plan. They are more precious than rubies. Proverbs 3 indicates that it was the Lord's wisdom that laid the foundation of the earth--not wisdom as mankind defines it. By divine understanding God set the heavens in place. His omniscient knowledge formed the earth to conform with His perfect vision and plan.

I am compelled to turn to God to ask the He reveal the wisdom and understanding I need to do His perfect will. I will need his wisdom to even glimpse how to accomplish what I believe He is directing me to do. I don't want to get sidetracked or lose focus. I don't want to wander off the path of His plan, nor become discouraged by the world.

We humans think so small. I don't want to think small! I want to spread out my arms and embrace the sky. I want to close my eyes and dream of the new heaven and new earth God will present to us at the end of time. I want to live according to the wisdom that comes from heaven: pure, peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.

I found the following scripture to be tremendous comfort. I feel less daunted by the tasks ahead. I feel confident, not in myself, but in the power of God's will for my life. I am expanding my prayers. I am enlarging my vision. I am seeking wisdom and knowledge from on high. I am excited to receive the blessings ahead--those promised in God's Word for all who listen and obey.


Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, the man who gains understanding, for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold. She is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her. Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor. Her ways are pleasant ways, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to those who embrace her; those who lay hold of her will be blessed. By wisdom the LORD laid the earth's foundations, by understanding he set the heavens in place; by his knowledge the deeps were divided, and the clouds let drop the dew. My son, preserve sound judgment and discernment, do not let them out of your sight; they will be life for you, an ornament to grace your neck. Then you will go on your way in safety, and your foot will not stumble; when you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared. (Proverbs 3:13-26)

The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes. The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous. They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb. By them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward. (Psalm 19:7-11 NIV)

Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. (James 3:13 NIV)

But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. (James 3:17 NIV)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Amen..and Amen!!! Seeking wisdom, guidence, guidence and direction on the journey with you to complete God's perfect plan for our lives!!
Love ya...

Unknown said...

Mary,

I am excited to hear how God is moving in your life and in our midst. I stand with you in your prayers for wisdom and to stay in the center of His perfect will, on His path, not distracted or discouraged by the world.

Blessings,
Cheri