We are each designed for a unique and divine purpose. Live yours!

Friday, April 2, 2010

Enlarge my territory

"Jabez was more honorable than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez, saying, "I gave birth to him in pain." Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request" (1 Chronicles 4:9-10 NIV).

We don't know much about Jabez. We know he was an ancestor of Jesus, that his mother obviously had a difficult labor and painful delivery with him. You think you've got troubles? Imagine having a name that means pain or sorrow maker--that's Jabez.

And yet what does he do? He asks God to bless him! That's what Jabez did! He didn't wallow in self-pity over all the teasing he surely received his whole life over his name. He didn't allow his circumstances to defeat him.

Nope. Rather, he was quite bold, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory!" Give me a huge assignment Lord -- a lot to be responsible for! I can do it, because it will have your blessing upon it! Bring it on! With you all things are possible.

How about you? Asked God to enlarge your territory lately? I forget all too often about God's power and His grace! Today I'm asking Him to bring it on--to pour down His blessings upon me! Join me!


Blessings on your journey,
Mary

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

EASTER GREETINGS FROM THE OLD GEEZER

I PRAY YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WILL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY CELEBRATING RESURRECTION SUNDAY.

HE IS RISEN!

GOD BLESS YOU, RON

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

I have asked God to enlarge my territory by praying the prayer of Jabaz, and guess what, "My prayers were answered!"

I just loved your blog. God bless, Lloyd