We are each designed for a unique and divine purpose. Live yours!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

LIfe in the real world

Angela's post at Free Spirit Haven about her "life in the real world" being more fulfilling than it had in the past really hit home with me.

I haven't spent as much time on my blogging as in the the past. At one point I had become almost like a slave to posting, posting, posting on multiple blogs. But at some point I realized God wanted me to expend my time and energy in my "other" life more than in the blogosphere.

Like Angela, our family has had some struggles and challenges. Like Angela, our family is stronger because of it all--individually and as a family unit. God is so very good to shape and mold, refine and fine-tune us continually. He longs for us to seek Him and His will. He longs for us to be conformed to His vision of us. When we don't make a concerted effort to sit with Him, to read scripture, pray, spend quality time with Him alone, we risk missing His message(s) to us.

We all need to take time to reorder our priorities once in a while. It's easy to drift off track. I rejoice with each of you that our God is a loving and gracious God with a heart that can hold us close even when we forget to seek Him, honor Him, thank Him for our manifold blessings.

Thanks, Angela, for the reminder that we must place God first, our families next and then everything else "falls into place" according to God's divine plan.

How about you? Are your priorities in order?

"From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another" (John 1:16 NIV)

"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast" (1 Peter 5:10 NIV).

Blessings on your journey,

Mary

1 comment:

Angela said...

God is so very good to shape and mold, refine and fine-tune us continually....hmmmmmmm...how these words spoke over my spirit and testified to this truth.

I find these last 21 months this IS exactly what God has been doing. Transformation. Restoration. Renewing. Forgiving. Delivering. Setting us free.

Christ increasing and we decreasing. More of Him and less of us.

Less of my wants. More of His desires over my life.

Thank you so much for joining me. What a blessing to see your link added to my Monday's post.

I have so much to share on my heart what God has been showing me, doing within me and around me.

I've been praying for His hand to guide my fingers to write, to share and for the right time to pour it all out.

blessings dear Mary! ((hugs))