We are each designed for a unique and divine purpose. Live yours!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award


I have been blessed by my dear friend and Christian sister Andrea Perdue at Arise to Write with this wonderful award for my blog! She is such an amazing woman -- and truly stylish! She has "been there" for me through thick and thin and I am so blessed to call her my friend.

A part of receiving this award is sharing seven things about myself, so here goes:

1) I have been married for over 3 decades to the most wonderful man in the world. Not only is he patient, tolerant and loving, he is the genuinely nicest person I have ever known--just a "plain old good guy."

2) My children have grown into incredible young adults - in spite of all the mistakes I surely made - Daughter is 26 today, son is 22.

3) I have 3 younger sisters and 1 younger brother through biology and a brother and sister who became part of our family through the foster care system.

4) I have found that life is a little easier over over a good cup of coffee or a great glass of wine.

5) I long for the time to read and write for several hours every day--at the beach.

6) The imprint of God's grace is all over my life. Unfortunately, I forget that all too often.

7) I believe ardently, completely and absolutely in the power of prayer.

I have been "out of the loop" in the bloggy world for quite a while. One woman who has been a true "cheerleader" and encourager since the day I met her is Jewel Williams at Jeweled Ministries.

A "new" friend and kindred spirit, Helen Phillips, owns the blog, Transformed by the Journey.

I hope you'll stop by both of these blogs - these women have some powerful testimony, wisdom and knowledge to share. You will be enriched and uplifted, I promise.

Blessings on your journey,

Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dear Mary,

You are wonderful to say such kind words. Though your ministry I have met wonderful people such as Andrea B. Purdue. She is an encourager too!

May each of us mentioned in your blog continue to be blessed by one another in His Holy Name. Amen!

Jewel