We are each designed for a unique and divine purpose. Live yours!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

God's Care Over All His Works.

1 Praise the LORD, my soul.
LORD my God, you are very great;
you are clothed with splendor and majesty.

2 The LORD wraps himself in light as with a garment;
he stretches out the heavens like a tent
3 and lays the beams of his upper chambers on their waters.
He makes the clouds his chariot
and rides on the wings of the wind.
4 He makes winds his messengers,[a]
flames of fire his servants.
5 He set the earth on its foundations;
it can never be moved.
6 You covered it with the watery depths as with a garment;
the waters stood above the mountains.
7 But at your rebuke the waters fled,
at the sound of your thunder they took to flight;
8 they flowed over the mountains,
they went down into the valleys,
to the place you assigned for them.
9 You set a boundary they cannot cross;
never again will they cover the earth.

31 May the glory of the LORD endure forever;
may the LORD rejoice in his works—
32 he who looks at the earth, and it trembles,
who touches the mountains, and they smoke.
33 I will sing to the LORD all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
34 May my meditation be pleasing to him,
as I rejoice in the LORD.
(Psalm 104:1-9,31-34)

I began my reading this morning in Job. A cross-reference there sent me to Psalms. This entire psalm details the glory of God's creation - how He has provided for each creature - how He designed a world perfectly suited for each living thing He created.

When I read through scripture, I am encouraged and reassured that God, indeed, has wisdom, knowledge, strength and power enough to keep the world spinning on its axis. More than that, He keeps us and guides us and comforts us.

I can't help but think of another scripture passage, "Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:5-7 NIV).

Blessings on your journey,
Mary

No comments: