We are each designed for a unique and divine purpose. Live yours!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus

I watched the sun rise and the snow begin Monday morning! Such beauty. As the snowflakes grew in size and began to fall in earnest, I read an update on a "miracle" we have watched unfold on a CaringBridge page of a child who I knew briefly while the family attended our
church.

I compared my desperate prayers for healing for her to my current prayers of utter joy and thanksgiving that things have gone as they have! This child's parents have modeled utter and complete faith, humility, grace and courage in the face of this near-tragedy and continue to do so now through the healing process.

I've decided to spend less time watching election coverage, "news" about the rich and famous behaving badly. It's not about politics. It's not about begrudging anyone money, fame or success. It's about dividing my time, energy, mind and heart. It's about edging out Jesus in exchange for things that have no eternal value or significance. Yes, the election matters and I'm not going to ignore the process. I'm just not going to spend so much time focusing on it (No easy task for this “politics junkie!”)

I've had a wild and crazy--and wonderful past few weeks! I am striving every day to live Christmas into the world. Sometimes I fall far short. Other times I think (hope) I've succeeded. The beauty of God's grace is that - like the snow that now is falling in earnest -- it covers up all the ugly places with beauty, purity and peace.

I rejoice that God's grace pours out to cover me. I thank God that He cares enough to gently nudge me to refocus on Him and His purpose for my life. Most of all I am humbled to be called His child.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you" (Jeremiah 29:11-12 NIV).

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.
(Helen H. Lemmel)



Blessings on your journey,
Mary

No comments: