We are each designed for a unique and divine purpose. Live yours!

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

It has been so long since I posted here I had to "look around" and figure out how to make a new post! Yikes! I've thought a number of times about just letting go of this blog. But I just haven't been able to bring myself to do it. 

I don't think I have any words of wisdom that I can share.  My own life is less than exemplary in that regard. I don't even listen to my own advice, let alone expect anyone else to! LOL!  But I'll not be offering advice here. Only sharing my continuing journey. And my prayer is that in my journey, you will see something that offers you hope, healing, maybe even redemption.

I won't say my faith has faltered at all in the past year - which has flown by at lightning speed! I literally just turned around and it's December 2015! It has certainly evolved and expanded, though!

God has been doing some deep, hard work in me! And I have been trying to let Him.  I fight it all too often, but in the end, I have found myself, surrendered. At the foot of the Cross. And it hurts. But it also feels so good. Because He hung there for me! He died up there and He allows me to approach Him there. Laying down who and what I have been; anticipating all that will rise up in me as He rose 2000 years ago.  It's scary. It's exhilarating. I'm getting stronger. I'm getting more single-minded and focused. I'm getting to be more of who He sees me to be: beautiful, wise, loving, caring, strong, full of faith and hope. And He is getting ready to do some great things through me!

What are you seeing when you look back on 2015?  If the year has not been everything you hoped - if it has been hard, sad, lonely, fearful, or just "blah" it's okay! Because God makes all things new - and that includes each day and each person.  You and I are being made new every single day.  Who do you want to be when 2016 rings in?  You can be that person! I have caught a glimpse of myself - in the mirror of the Savior's eyes.  I am so excited! I cannot wait to do Him proud!

I hope you will catch a glimpse of your own perfect reflection!

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end;  they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:22-23 ESV).

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world" (John 16:33 NIV).

Blessings on your journey,
Mary

No comments: