We are each designed for a unique and divine purpose. Live yours!

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Mercy Calls My Name

Has mercy called your name lately?  Ever?

Listening to K-Love on radio the way to work this morning I sang along with this Matt Maher version of this beautiful song.


BECAUSE HE LIVES

I believe in the Son
I believe in the risen One
I believe I overcome
By the power of His blood

Amen, Amen
I’m alive, I’m alive
Because He lives
Amen, Amen
Let my song join the one that never ends
Because He lives

I was dead in the grave
I was covered in sin and shame
I heard mercy call my name
He rolled the stone away

Because He lives
I can face tomorrow
Because He lives
Every fear is gone
I know He holds my life my future in His hands

I don't know if I love it because it's just plain a beautiful testimony or if it is because it is MY testimony!

Mercy calls my name on a daily, hourly . . .  ok!  On an on-going basis!  And just when I start to think I'm beyond needing it . . .  It calls me once again!  It gives me the courage to be raw, and real, and honest about who and what I am with myself.

It's kind of scary! Nothing else in this life affords us that absolute, total, complete freedom and safety!  I step into it often!  And these days, even more often than ever before!  I want to be "right with the Lord" when I leave this earth!  I want to walk straight through the gates of heaven!  I want to do all the work towards my perfection that I possibly can in this lifetime!  I don't like waiting!  I'd just hate it if there was a line in heaven! Ha! 

So I'm mustering  my courage. I'm stepping out in faith.  I'm alive because He lives!  Mercy . . .  I hear you!  Don't get too far ahead!  I'm coming!

Blessings on your journey,
Mary

No comments: