We are each designed for a unique and divine purpose. Live yours!

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Resting in God

I'm not very good at "resting in God." I'm a fidgety, busy, energetic, creative and imaginative person. All too often I am just not able to contain or appropriately channel that creative energy! Over the last couple of weeks I've felt the spiritual energy coursing through my body, I just didn't know how to channel it. Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established. [Proverbs 16:3] I shared on Friday that I have been praying the Prayer of Jabez.

God has not only answered my sincere prayer that He provide me opportunities to share the Good News, he answered quickly!! Oh, my! I listed on my Godly Graffiti blog all the new writing ideas I have had today. Of course, the Spirit has cleared my mind and opened my heart to the possibilities. I just needed to quiet my soul and wait on God to guide me.

My heart is not proud, O LORD, my eyes are not haughty;I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me. But I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me. [Psalm 131:1-2]

I am so excited to be excited about writing again! I'm thrilled to have new and fresh ideas. I have considered my ways and have turned my steps to your statutes. [Psalm 119:59 NIV]

Now my challenge will be to implement all these great ideas and still stay on track with my already established goals!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Rested and Renewed....Now the door is swung wide open and the flood gates of blessing are upon you. Can't wait to see where GOD takes you.

Spring M Fricks said...

I understand completely. Sometimes I am so inspired that if I sit down to write just one thing I'll explode. I need three or four of me to handle all the ideas and then I short circuit since there is only one of me. I, too, am learning to get quiet and let the Lord lead in my already established goal.