To sign up for Thankful Thursday, stop by Truth4TheJourney, where Sonya is hosting this meme. It's a wonderful way to focus on blessings and express gratitude to the God who is the source of all good things in our lives.Here's my list:
1) I am thankful my husband is home from the hospital. Doctors still not sure what happened but he is scheduled for follow-up visits.
2) I am thankful for the hundreds of people who prayed for Jim and for our family. We felt blanketed in prayer throughout the entire ordeal.
3) I am thankful for my job. My boss assured me that I could have as much time off as I needed and not to worry at all.
4) I'm thankful that we have had full-coverage health insurance since June 1, 2009!!!
5) I am thankful most of all for a loving God who hears our prayers.
BONUS: I am thankful for my dear friend and sister in Christ, Andrea, who put out a call to prayer that extended around the world! She rallied God's prayer warriors to storm the heavens on our behalf.
These all sound like understatements after the week we have been through! Thankful doesn't even begin to express our gratitude and joy we have to worship a strong and loving God and to have friends and strangers around the world praying for us!
"[ For the director of music. With stringed instruments. A psalm of David. ] Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer" (Psalm 4:1 NIV).
"I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer "(Psalm 17:6 NIV).
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer" (Romans 12:12 NIV).
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God" (Philippians 4:6 NIV).
Blessings on your journey,