We are each designed for a unique and divine purpose. Live yours!

Friday, October 9, 2009

Smack Dab In the Center of God's Will

"It sounds like you are doing very well and are smack dab in the center of God’s will. There is no sweeter spot than that!! Praise God."

That's a comment made to me in the last couple of days ago by my friend Nancy about where I am in my life. We were e-mailing back and forth about various things going on with each of us and I had offered to help her out with some "social networking issue." Nancy is a modern-day prophet and I respect very much every word she says.

When I read her comment, I had one of those "V-8" moments! You know, you knock yourself on the forehead with the flat of your hand because once you have a solution to a seemingly complicated problem, you realize it wasn't complicated at all?!

For me, Nancy's remark was a revelation and explanation of why my week had been so AWFUL! I felt absolutely as if I were stuck in mud - in the miry bog of Psalm 40. (It also affirmed and verified that Nancy is prophetic even when she doesn't realize she is prophesying!)

Psalm 40
For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.
1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.

2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.

4 Blessed is the man
who makes the LORD his trust,
who does not look to the proud,
to those who turn aside to false gods. a]">[a]

5 Many, O LORD my God,
are the wonders you have done.
The things you planned for us
no one can recount to you;
were I to speak and tell of them,
they would be too many to declare.

6 Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
but my ears you have pierced b]">[b] , c]">[c] ;
burnt offerings and sin offerings
you did not require.

7 Then I said, "Here I am, I have come—
it is written about me in the scroll. d]">[d]

8 I desire to do your will, O my God;
your law is within my heart."

9 I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly;
I do not seal my lips,
as you know, O LORD.

10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart;
I speak of your faithfulness and salvation.
I do not conceal your love and your truth
from the great assembly.

11 Do not withhold your mercy from me, O LORD;
may your love and your truth always protect me.

12 For troubles without number surround me;
my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see.
They are more than the hairs of my head,
and my heart fails within me.

13 Be pleased, O LORD, to save me;
O LORD, come quickly to help me.

14 May all who seek to take my life
be put to shame and confusion;
may all who desire my ruin
be turned back in disgrace.

15 May those who say to me, "Aha! Aha!"
be appalled at their own shame.

16 But may all who seek you
rejoice and be glad in you;
may those who love your salvation always say,
"The LORD be exalted!"

17 Yet I am poor and needy;
may the Lord think of me.
You are my help and my deliverer;
O my God, do not delay.

I'm pretty sure I don't need to provide any details other than to say I was not fit to be around and I felt constantly and completely under attack all week - in every conversation, interaction, activity and thought. Now I understand that I was, indeed, very literally under attack! It is when we are "smack dab in the center of God's will" that Satan works the hardest to undermine us and to convince us otherwise.

I immediately began to feel 'cleansed' of the miry clay that had begun to suck me down into the pit upon reading her email.

One of Jesus' disciples found me and left me a word to remind me I have a rock upon which to stand. Thank you, Nancy!


Blessings on your journey my friends,
Mary

3 comments:

Nikki (Sarah) said...

beautiful site. Very comforting. Sarah

maritz said...

what a powerful message! God bless you always.

Lonnell Johnson said...

Mary,
God bless you, my sister in Christ. I “happened to come across” your beautiful blog, as I was working on my blog “Dr. J’s Apothecary Shoppe.” In looking for information regarding the song “Lord, Prepare Me to be a Sanctuary,” I was “led” to your website. I was inspired and deeply touched by your comments and especially by the song “Blessings” which also ministered to me in a powerful way. When I completed my reading of that particular post on “Lord, Prepare Me,” I clicked on your entry regarding “Being Smack Dab in the Center of God’s Will” which brought to mind a recent blog entry in which I commented on “The Will of God.” You might be interested in reading what I wrote, in that I came to a similar conclusion as you. Here is the link:

http://drlej.wordpress.com/2012/01/10/reflections-on-the-will-of-god-a-quartet-of-poems-and-songs/

Thanks again, for your marvelous exhortation. Your website is a blessing to me and others.
Dr. J (aka Lonnell Johnson)