Saturday, February 5, 2011
I have been blessed by my dear friend and Christian sister Andrea Perdue at Arise to Write with this wonderful award for my blog! She is such an amazing woman -- and truly stylish! She has "been there" for me through thick and thin and I am so blessed to call her my friend.
A part of receiving this award is sharing seven things about myself, so here goes:
1) I have been married for over 3 decades to the most wonderful man in the world. Not only is he patient, tolerant and loving, he is the genuinely nicest person I have ever known--just a "plain old good guy."
2) My children have grown into incredible young adults - in spite of all the mistakes I surely made - Daughter is 26 today, son is 22.
3) I have 3 younger sisters and 1 younger brother through biology and a brother and sister who became part of our family through the foster care system.
4) I have found that life is a little easier over over a good cup of coffee or a great glass of wine.
5) I long for the time to read and write for several hours every day--at the beach.
6) The imprint of God's grace is all over my life. Unfortunately, I forget that all too often.
7) I believe ardently, completely and absolutely in the power of prayer.
I have been "out of the loop" in the bloggy world for quite a while. One woman who has been a true "cheerleader" and encourager since the day I met her is Jewel Williams at Jeweled Ministries.
A "new" friend and kindred spirit, Helen Phillips, owns the blog, Transformed by the Journey.
I hope you'll stop by both of these blogs - these women have some powerful testimony, wisdom and knowledge to share. You will be enriched and uplifted, I promise.
Blessings on your journey,