We are each designed for a unique and divine purpose. Live yours!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Before The Mountains Were Born

"Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.  For a thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by,
or like a watch in the night" (Psalm 90:2,4 NIV).


Each of the past several mornings, I've thought I needed to go to scripture, but honestly, was just too lazy/ exhausted to do so!  So God put a Facebook friend, Lisa Shaw,  on the case!  Lisa shared these scripture verses today. 

I love how God knows exactly what we need, when we need it!  It's been a grueling busy week at work for me - not physically - but mentally! We have what I called a "perfect storm" of circumstances and situations that make every situation even more complicated and cause for stress than if everything were "normal" or at least if some unusual circumstances were different.  I have struggled, but (I hope) succeeded in keeping a positive attitude and sense of perspective:  "This too shall pass."

A couple of my coworkers have even reached out to me to offer encouragement - and I haven't even spoken to them about all the craziness of our current/ (hopefully) short-lived environment! They just knew because of their awareness of the changes in our staffing and other situations! They emailed or IM'd me to hang in there and offered to be available if I needed to reach out for help.  One of them even told me she was praying for me:-) How lovely to work with such amazing coworkers.

No, nothing terrible is happening! I'm not complaining, because I know good things are coming as a result of our/my current stress and hard work!  We've acquired 2 new (virtual) staff as a result of some company restructuring, one (the only other) Admin out on short term disability, and several other situations all hitting at our busiest time of year have made things pretty challenging!  But I have felt God uplifting and sustaining me!  The prayers of my friends, family and coworkers are being heard! God is moving some mountains on my behalf!

I haven't thought of these exact verses over the past week or so, but I have reminded myself to keep this perspective. From everlasting to everlasting, God is God! Before the mountains were born, He was there - before time itself! I'm pretty sure my few short weeks of stress and challenges will pass away in the blink of an eye in God's time.  For a thousand years in His sight are like a day that has just gone by.

Now . . . if my friends will tolerate a couple more weeks of being basically neglected until I get caught up on my sleep. . . my life will be back to just about perfect!

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!   Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near" (Philippians 4:4-5 NIV).


Blessings on your journey,
Mary

No comments: