We are each designed for a unique and divine purpose. Live yours!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Not Ordinary, Not Insignificant

Sometimes a thought or even a full-blown idea pops into my head!  This morning on my way to work, the words, "Not Ordinary, Not Insignificant" kept coming to mind. 

My "take" on these incidences is that God wants me to minister to someone -- whether I know who the someone is or not. The important point is that God wants me to minister.  So . . . here goes!

There are no doubt times/ situations/ people that can make us feel insignificant; when we consider the world's apparent definition of beauty/ success that we decide we are "just ordinary."  Well, the world is wrong and the situations in which you find yourself are illusory and passing. You are NOT ordinary by any stretch of the imagination. And you are certainly NOT insignificant!

You were planned, hoped for, longed for, perfectly and exactly created in God's image and according to His plan and purpose!  Perhaps I am speaking to my own past self!  There have been times I did and said things I now regret -- at times when I felt my significance was dependent upon the approval of someone or some others. That was before I realized I am neither ordinary nor insignificant.  How do I know this about myself and about you?  We are "fearfully and wonderfully made!
Pemandangan
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." (Psalm 139:13-16 NIV).

Do not for one minute believe what the world tells you! Don't listen to people who mean to bring you down to make themselves feel elevated.  Don't believe what you see in the media!  You are a fearfully and wonderfully made creation of the divine God!

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will" (Romans 12:2 NIV).

What you say and do is important. What you think and believe is significant.  There is not a single "ordinary" thing about you or your existence.  You are important in this world and for this world!

You are not ordinary, not insignificant.  Speak up, speak out, live out loud! God believes you are not ordinary - but special; not insignificant - but of great value and with tremendous purpose.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV).


Blessings on your journey,
Mary

No comments: