We are each designed for a unique and divine purpose. Live yours!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Squiqqly Faith

When we receive "good news" about a situation that had been thought somewhat hopeless, our hope increases!  On the other hand we don't want to "get our hopes up" lest we are ultimately disappointed.  It's a very "squiggly" line to walk!

When it comes to accepting God's will, I'm more like Job than I like to admit--questioning God and wondering about His will. I beseech God to grant an outcome of my choosing--of my desire. It's hard to pray God's will when we fear His will may be counter to our hoped for outcome!  It's hard to keep hoping when we've waited so long for our will to be done.

Job beseeches God (as do we?), “What strength do I have, that I should still hope? What prospects, that I should be patient? Do I have the strength of stone? Is my flesh bronze?" (Job 6:11-12 NIV)

God allows Job and his "friends" to go on and on for 37 verses before He finally has had enough! Thirty-seven versess! I pray God is as patient with me when I question, doubt, disagree, complain about His will because I walk that squiggly line every day!

Squiggly Line Pictures, Images and Photos

God asks Job, “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?  Tell me, if you understand. Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it? On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstonewhile the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?" (Job 38:4-7 NIV)

Like, Job, I mentally kick myself for daring to question God.  “I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted. You asked, ‘Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?’ Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know" (Job 42:2-3)

Still yet, God blessed Job--as he truly has blessed me! Even though I walk that squiggly line of "thank you, God, but . . ."

Fortunately, God is so gracious that He waits for me to find my way to Him at the end of that line!. And He waits for each of us to find Him.

Blessings on your journey,
Mary

No comments: