We are each designed for a unique and divine purpose. Live yours!

Friday, December 30, 2011

Learning Backward, Living Forward

I often return to past posts when I am pondering a topic or idea about which to write. The lessons I learned from and through past experiences still apply today - not only to me but to each of us.


As I continue to grasp the full meaning of living Christmas every day, rereading these posts helps to refine my vision and reveal even deeper truths to discover and study.

This is an excerpt from I DID IT!! and I WANT, originally written in 2008:


How often I have felt proud of myself for accomplishing a goal - large or small - as if I, of my own volition, could accomplish anything without God's purpose and plan for it to be accomplished. I'm not saying I'm helpless, powerless and/or without skill or talent 'on my own'. What I'm saying is that I need to remind myself often of the source of my abilities, skills, talents, and yes, my accomplishments.

As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things. [Ecclesiastes 11:5 NIV]

All the creative musings of my mind and touching and inspiring words of my hands are wrought from the heart and mind of God. All things I want and all the goals I wish to achieve are best measured in relation to how they will help me accomplish the specific and divine purpose for which I was created.
Living Christmas every day requires daily study, focus, intention and divine guidance! God is so gracious to allow me to be so remedial in my learning and living while still using my words to reach others!


Blessings on your journey,
Mary

No comments: