We are each designed for a unique and divine purpose. Live yours!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

This Is Not My Home

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end" (Ecclesiastes 3:11 NIV).

Set eternity in the human heart . . . as I have continued my efforts to live Christmas every day, I have realized that God, indeed has set eternity in my heart! More than once lately, I have thought about heaven and how wonderful it will be! No, I don't have a desire to go there right now, necessarily. I just look forward to it with a kind of longing and wistfulness.

Day-to-day life can drag on us, wear us down, beat us up, even grind us to dust. These experiences all prepare us for heaven! As we pass through them, dwell in them, survive to tell the tale, God is in the midst, rejoicing that we are being refined and molded to His perfect vision and image of us.

So, while I daydream of time in heaven, I can rejoice that I am being prepared for perfection. In light of that certain future, how can I dwell on lesser things? God loves us so much, he had made certain we will not be satisfied by anyting on this earth nor allow us to settle for less than His perfect dwelling place.

You and I can be encouraged and hopeful each new day because this is not my home--nor yours!

Blessings on your journey,

Mary

No comments: