We are each designed for a unique and divine purpose. Live yours!

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Every Beat of My Heart

I woke up this morning, unaided (unhindered?) by my alarm clock, around 5:30. Unable to go back to sleep I poured myself some coffee and settled out on my deck.  Our back deck is a magical, spiritual place and is, by far, my favorite feature of our house.  I like to sit on the deck and share the morning with the birds and squirrels already up and well into planning their day.

The half moon still far above the western horizon, doesn't seem to know it's morning as it lingers for a while, reminding me that day follows night, night follows day, in an endless, perfectly timed rhythm.

Second cup of coffee.  The red eye flight from the West Coast just passed overhead, headed east to the airport, and I hear the train whistle--Amtrack heading North--announcing the first crossing of the day 2 miles away. Our dog, Katie, is standing guard, head between the slats in the deck rail, daring any creature - with 2 legs or 4  - to cross her line of sight; tail wagging.

The summer morning air is surprisingly cool and pleasant as I mull over all the challenges of the past week and those anticipated in the week ahead.  My mind and soul ease into a state of satisfaction -- God sending me gentle reminders through the morning activity around me that He's got it all covered.  It's all figured out in the heavenly realm.

As I finish my coffe I decide to linger a while.  After all . . . if the moon can linger . . .


This day is a gift.
For every breath I draw and
For every beat of my heart
I thank you Lord.


"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort" (2 Corinthians 1:3 NIV).

Blessings on your journey, Mary

No comments: