We are each designed for a unique and divine purpose. Live yours!

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sing and Make Music From Your Heart!

“speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ” (Ephesians 5:19-20 NIV)

I can't "carry a tune in a bucket," sadly!  It's very sad, because I love music - really love it tremendously.  I believe music is the "international" language because it speaks to the heart and the soul. No, I can't sing on key to save my life. But those songs from the Spirit . . .  that's another story altogether.

Songs of worship, joy, thanksgiving, though, emanate from my heart every single day of my life.  Yes, even those days when I feel stressed, sad, sorry for myself or my situation at the moment.  I do, indeed, give thanks to God for everything!

Life is hard sometimes. We can feel swallowed up by pain, fear, loss, regret, grief, self-doubt, and yes, even self-pity.  But because of Jesus, we can - and should - rejoice! Even through the dark times . . . even when it's hard . . . even when we don't feel very joyful.  Remember: Jesus died so that we might live forever with Him in heaven.  Today I'm focusing on that truth. And today is all we have, after all, until we get to heaven.

"Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise,  making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil" (Ephesians 5:15-16 NIV).

Blessings on your journey,
Mary

No comments: