We are each designed for a unique and divine purpose. Live yours!

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Surrounded by Angels

I shared in my last post that last week was, to say the least, challenging.  I hope it was clear, as well, that I definitely am and was aware of God's divine intervention along the way.
 
There was more than one time that I could not possibly have accomplished the eventual outcome without some sort of heavenly wisdom, spiritual nudging, or divine intervention!  In "non-work" life, I had a situation that was causing me stress as well!  We have been packing up and cleaning out my mother-in-law's house in anticipation of closing on the sale soon. Two weeks ago we discovered a lockbox on one of the closet shelves.  My husband had no idea what was in it, as he thought we had gathered all important documents and set them in a safe place in our home.
 
Last week he found out that a death certificate for his dad was needed in order to transfer the house title. His mom told him the copies were in that lockbox. And the key was in the top drawer of a dresser in one of the bedrooms (with about 30 other various sized and shaped keys. . . the very first bedroom (and furniture) of which we packed up the contents for storage in a self-storage unit). . . I remembered seeing those keys . . . but honestly could not remember if we had decided to throw them out, or just pack them up for the time being. I had been dreading looking through the boxes in the 12 x 15 storage unit--especially since I had not been involved in placing the boxes in a logical order or labeling them (not) . . .  following me?
 
Well, the keys turned up - in the last box we checked, but they turned up!  And we found the correct key on the first try! Chuckling, Jim said he knew I would find it! I told him I didn't have the same confidence in my ability. Then he asked me if  it was hard for me because "people always think you're able to do the impossible". I told him it was and then he said . . .  "Why?  You have angels all around you, didn't you know that?"
 
I can't even begin to elaborate on this comment . . . and the off-hand way he said it! Not in a chastising or condescending way! No, not exactly incredulous, just sort of matter of fact, "how have you been getting through each day not realizing this about yourself?"
 
I'm not often rendered speechless . . . 
 


"he rained down manna for the people to eat, he gave them the grain of heaven. Human beings ate the bread of angels; he sent them all the food they could eat.  He let loose the east wind from the heavens
and by his power made the south wind blow" (24-26 NIV).
 
"no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;  they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone" (Psalm 91:10-12 NIV).

"Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?' (Hebrews 1:14 NIV)

Blessings on your journey,
Mary

No comments: