We are each designed for a unique and divine purpose. Live yours!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Rejoice in the Lord

We were out late last night, and I slept in a few extra minutes this morning. Okay . . . 30 extra minutes! My first temptation was to skip my prayer time so I would have more time to check emails, facebook, etc. and check out several 'money-saving' blogs before I got ready for work.

But I prevailed! I got my coffee and sat right down with my bible and prayer journal. I couldn't help but think how easy we (I) make it for Satan to win those little battles we face throughout the day -- he would have started off the day with a victory! I've learned that how I start my day, typically determines how the rest of the day will go . . . had a pretty good day!

So, no, I'm not that strong, devout, self-controlled, diligent, or that great a role model! I'm just desperately, passionately, completely in love with God! I have missed intimacy with Him over the past months. I have a lot of work to do to rebuild our relationship. I rejoice that He has already forgiven me my transgressions.

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your gentleness be known to everyone. The Lord is near" (Phil. 4:4-5 NIV)


Blessings on your journey,
Mary

No comments: