We are each designed for a unique and divine purpose. Live yours!

Friday, April 27, 2012

Slow of Speech and Tongue?

So . . .  the keynote speaker at the conference I attended yesterday spoke for several hours about discovering your voice, understanding your voice, valuing your voice, using your voice  . . .  I think you get the theme interwoven throughout the day.  I didn't know or at least didn't remember the topic for the day would be "voice" when I woke up with that word on my mind and in my heart. 

Thoughout the day, I thought of the times I have allowed others to speak for me--and not necessarily well.  I allowed it because at the time, I had not discovered, understood or valued my own voice.  So what's the big deal about allowing others to speak for us?

The big deal is that my voice - just like your voice - is unique. It is the result of my life experiences, my heartbreaks, my victories, my knowledge, my wisdom. God develops our voices within us as we live our lives.  You may think you don't have anything particularly special to say.  That is not true!

Your voice is important to and in the world. Your voice is only yours - a result of those experiences only you have had.  God gave you your voice - and He gave me mine -- and he wants us to use our unique voices to accomplish His work in the world.

Don't let anyone take your voice away or allow it to be silenced. What you have to say is too important.

"Moses said to the Lord, “Pardon your servant, Lord. I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue.”  The Lord said to him, “Who gave human beings their mouths? Who makes them deaf or mute? Who gives them sight or makes them blind? Is it not I, the Lord?" (Exodus 4:9-11 NIV)

Blessings on your journey,

Mary

1 comment:

Tami said...

Thanks for this reminder. Sometimes I wonder if I use my voice too much or if anyone is really listening, but I guess we must draw near to God and He will bring discernment about that. Thanks for the pep talk!