We are each designed for a unique and divine purpose. Live yours!

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I Guess An "Old Dog" Can Learn Some New Tricks!

I know that some of you who know me well will be in utter shock when I tell you this: I actually used html and other computer "stuff" to create a blank journal for sale on the website lulu.com!

For those who don't know me well, the humorous part of this announcement is that I can't even handle using the remote control for the television except for the "on/off" function! We have so many options with cable t.v., etc., that I inevitably hit the wrong button, much to the exasperation of my family!

What is so amazing to me is not only that I was able to produce a product that looks exactly as I envisioned it, create a "storefront"/"website" where people can go to buy it on line and then add links back to the storefront from my website and my blog all by myself, but I did it on a day I was not originally scheduled off. I received a bonus day off and so I used it to accomplish this goal.

Perhaps you don't see God in all of this, but I know He has been at work arranging and rearranging circumstances for me in response to my ardent prayer that He take over all the how's and the when's of everything I believe He wants me to do to spread the Good News. A week ago, I couldn't imagine how I would possibly have time to sleep because it seemed my days would be so full and busy! Finally, on Sunday, I asked God to give me some kind of sign, that I could not mistake or doubt, about whether or not I was on the right track in the goals I have set.

This is part of an email message I received from a friend on Monday morning:

GOD WANTED ME TO TELL YOU, It shall be well with you this coming year. No matter how much your enemies try this year, they will not succeed. You have been destined to make it and you shall surely achieve all your goals this year. For the remainder of 2008 and all of 2009, all your agonies will be diverted and victory and prosperity will be incoming in abundance.
Today God has confirmed the end of your sufferings, sorrows and pain because HE that sits on the throne has remembered you. He has taken away the hardships and given you JOY. He will never let you down. I knocked at heaven's door this morning, God asked me. My child! What can I do for you? And I said, "Father, please protect and bless the person reading this message".

Apparently this prayer began with Mother Theresa and has been circulating for several decades. Needless to say, I have been praying that all it promises is so. I have no doubt that it will be through the power of Christ and the prayers I lift as well as the prayers of my friends and family.

I want you to know that I pray this for each of you every day as well. I wish you JOY in your journey.

No comments: