We are each designed for a unique and divine purpose. Live yours!

Friday, August 17, 2007

What Does it Mean to be Hopelessly In Love?

[I recently published this article on Associated Content. It is a revision of an earlier post from my Worship for the Weekday Website. What struck me is how the message was so personal to me, and yet applies to each of us, regardless of the calling God has placed on our hearts.]

This book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall have good success. [Joshua 1:8]

Vocabulary changes once God enters into the conversation.

If you base every decision in your life upon what God would want you have a much higher responsibility to be thoughtful and serious about your decisions. I’m not just talking about the big, life-changing decisions like who to marry, or when/whether to have children, or if you should accept a job that will require you to relocate. I’m talking about every decision that will impact your day. Should I go to the gym? Should I go to the food bank and volunteer? Should I go to the organizational meeting for the new bible study? Well, if I go, I’ll feel better and I’ll be doing something good for my body/soul/world. The choice seems pretty easy, doesn’t it? But then the phone rings and you decide to talk to your best friend for 30 minutes, and then you have to pick up a couple of things at the grocery store, and you really should pay some bills . . . Don’t get me wrong! All of those are necessary, or at least important!

Click here to read more. . .

No comments: